Employment Opportunities at The Einstein Academy
We are always looking for talented individuals. For employment opportunities with The Einstein Academy, please send a cover letter outlining your area of expertise, interest, with your resume to:
The Einstein Academy
Attn: Business Office
747 Davis Road
Elgin, IL 60123
Internship at The Einstein Academy
Pre-K – High School
Reports To: Principal and Assistant Principal
Length of Assignment: 6 - 10 months
Our goal at The Einstein Academy is to provide a safe, nurturing, and supportive environment where children can enjoy learning with other students as well as a variety of planned activities. As a member of our staff, one should be constantly aware of where and what each child is doing and help facilitate a positive environment.
The internship should provide you with opportunities to observe teaching techniques and methods of experienced teachers; practice and develop various teaching abilities and knowledge; and recognize competencies associated with effective teaching.
Under the guidance of cooperating elementary and high school teachers you should have the opportunity to grow as an individual and as a prospective teacher. It is important to remember that the internship is a part-time responsibility.
During the internship you should be able to:
Duties of this internship include, but are not limited to:
- Support a teacher(s) in an assigned class utilizing course of study adopted by The Einstein Academy, and other appropriate learning activities.
- Provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of assigned student(s).
- Work with assigned students who need additional support on subjects such as Language Arts, Math, Science, History, Social Studies
- Work with assigned teacher on lesson plans and instructional materials on as needed basis
- Work with assigned teacher to maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Support a teacher in identifying student needs and help students support students who need help with social and learning problems.
- Currently enrolled at an accredited College or University
- Interested in a teaching certificate or Associate degree
- Early childhood, Social Science, Psychology students are welcome